Popular Posts

Monday, January 2, 2012

Egypt Day 5

Saturday January 15, 2011
A good part of day five was spend making the drive to Alexandria.  Now the parts of Egypt that I have seen are just dessert and city.  The cities are built near the rivers because there isn’t enough rain to sustain life out in the middle of no where.  Alexandria is at the top of the country it is a Mediterranean coast city.  It is so beautiful and a neat place.  I wish I would have had more time there to explore and relax but my schedule didn’t allow it.  On the way up to Alexandria we stopped to visit a World War II museum and it was neat.  They had machines and uniforms that were wore during the war on display but overall it was a nice leg stretcher and a break in the dessert drive.

We also stopped at the Common Wealth Cemetery and for a cemetery it was really pretty.  That sounds weird to say but it was.  The cemetery is in a town called Marina which is on the North coast of Egypt overlooking the Mediterranean before you get to Alexandria. 



When we got into Alexandria before checking into the hotel we ate a really neat seafood restaurant and it was the best fish I had ever ate.  It was stuffed with something and man there was so much good food that I couldn’t even begin to eat it all and I left way to full. 

After getting my belly full I was dropped off to check into a historic hotel right on the ocean wall called the Windsor Palace.  It was for real old and even had one of those cable elevators that you could see all the moving parts and the door was pretty fabricated metal.  I got settled into my room and met Mustafa down for a walk along the sea wall.  It was so pretty and so many people were out.  The only thing that I remember being a hassle was the dang wind coming off the Med.  We walked all the way to the end of the strip and got some AWESOME ice cream.  As we walked back we had a very cultural talk and then I headed to bed.    
the is the elevator

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN