Popular Posts

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Truck Shmuck

Lincoln is a pickup man...of course I could never date someone who drove a Honda or something like that. LOL  Anyways at least twice a week we talk about vehicles and its mainly like this:

Lincoln "BABE you should see this truck I found on Craigslist!"
Me        " really what did it look like"
Lincoln commences to tell me all the ins and outs of said vehicle

Then we have the occasional conversation where its ME telling him what I would like in a new vehicle. Mostly I lean toward an SUV but there are days where a truck looks and sounds really nice.  Either way I go I will be going Toyota when the time comes but that's neither here nor there. 

Lincoln always sides with me needing a truck. 
1. so he can use it too
2. so I can help him and we can take my vehicle hunting, hauling things, etc
3. so I don't have to use his truck for things. LOL

This weekend was going to be a number 3.  I had a million things to do on my list this morning and a few of them were:
  • get chicken wire
  • get t-posts
  • buy worms
As you can read...I needed to use his truck for some of these things because it would make my life a whole lot easier, but also on my list were:
  • clean car
  • get oil changed
  • go to feed store
SSSOOOO I decided to just suck it up and take my car.  The list dealing with my car were WAY more important and HAD to be done so instead of me doing all this extra driving and vehicle changing that's what I did. 

I was up, dressed, coffee made, and in MV by 8:30 on a SATURDAY mind you.  I got so much accomplished and got everything that I could marked off my list.  I didn't get the car cleaned but that was about it.  I even got all my necessary fence building materials plus some potting soil, worms, and paint. 

WHO needs a truck when you have a Corolla S?
Me and Lincoln have a running joke about my car, we call it my truck because I use it for everything like it is my truck.  I do this because its my car and I don't have a truck and my car is just so freaking awesome that it can do everything I need it to do. 

This includes but is not limited to:
  • hauling chain saws
  • gas for the lawn mowers
  • groceries
  • fence building supplies
  • dog
  • 55 inch TV
Now you can see why Lincoln agrees I need a truck when I up grade because I just do too much for anything else. LOL
This morning's haul.  and as you can see there is room to spare and a whole other seat that could be laied down!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN