Popular Posts

Monday, January 2, 2012

A few days in Dubai

After leaving Egypt on Monday January 17th I flew to Kuwait for a connecting flight back to Dubai.  I checking into my favorite hotel the Renaissance by Marriott and stayed in for a whole day and a half.  I just slept, got all clean, and ordered room service. I was so sick of moving hotels, being sick, and on the go that I needed to recoup and relax.  I had a whole 3 days of activities planned out for my last days in Dubai but I really didn't get around to any of them except a couple.  I just felt too bad and was really ready to get settled in back at home.  Plus I felt like a tourist in my own city since Dubai had become so familiar with me. 

After lounging around for days I decided to drag myself out and do a few of my planned activities so I went out for a day of headache filled fun.

I headed to the Dubai Mall.  I went to the top of the tallest tower in the world, the Burj Khalifa.  Out of all the days in Dubai the day I went to the top it rained. LOL Probably the first time in MONTHS. 




A view from the top
another view from the top

After that I went back down to the mall and visited to really neat aquarium they have there.

Following the aquarium I did a little lunch, a bit of shopping, and then headed back to my hotel.

I left Dubai the next day and arrived back in the U.S. on January 21st.  I am sad to report that was my last use of my passport and it is locked up in my safety deposit box.  I hope that I will get to travel again soon but really I have no idea when or where...mainly the WHEN I can always find where.  LOL

Now I am all caught up on my travel post almost a year later. 

Happy Traveling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN