Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday's Travel To Do- New Orleans


I have slacked off on my travel to dos and I’m not even sure slacked is the word as I haven’t posted one in like a year. L I know, I’m filled with shame.  Anyways, I vowed last week that I intend on being a better blogger and that’s what I’m going to do. 

ONWARD to this week’s Tuesday Travel To Do! 

Since I’ve come home I haven’t really gotten a chance to do any traveling not even a weekend away but one that keeps popping up in mind is New Orleans. 

I keep thinking that New Orleans would make a great long weekend trip.  It would be a nice, maybe a bit long, drive down so a mini road trip would be involved but once we got there it would be sites, food, and fun.  I have been to New Orleans once after high school because our cruise ship left from there but there wasn’t time to site see or anything so to me it doesn’t really count. 
When I think of New Orleans I think of culture, old, jazz music, mardi gras, and a lot of fun to be had.  That’s why this week’s Tuesday’s Travel To Do is New Orleans.  I am a bit overloaded with homework so I’m going to show a few cool pictures to showcase a bit of the city.  When I think of a long weekend in NOLA I think of an unplanned itinerary while just roaming the streets and enjoying the street cafes. 

After arriving from the drive STAY here! I always try to stay in a Marriott no matter where I go.  I think they are the best hotel chain and you are guaranteed the same exceptional service no matter the location.  They are GREAT!


VISIT these Historic sites!
The Garden District of Historic Homes...bound to be awesome and to transport you back to another era

St. Louis Cathedral. You know cathedrals are always stunning.
Take a walk on the wild and DARK side and visit a couple of these to learn some culture.

Historic Voodoo Museum...freaky but so interesting

Visit one of New Orleans cemeteries and find out what makes them so different from others across the US and I'm sure the world.
EAT
REAL Cajun food....mmm mmm good. And right now is getting to be craw fish season.  Makes me hungry just thinking about it.

The famous and prized Cafe Du Monde a must even though it's a tourist area I wouldn't miss it.

while at the Cafe you can eat their famous beignets and have a coffee

Wholesome FUN

visit the zoo

ride a street car
Be a STREET walker (get your minds out of the gutters people, I'm talking about a leisurely stroll) among the famous streets of New Orleans
Canal Street

Bourbon Street
Festival Fun

Mardi Gras
Well people I hope you saw enough of New Orleans, Louisiana to give it a shot on a long stay or a long weekend, either way your senses will be over loaded with culture and you will submersed in another world. 

Happy Tuesday and Happy Traveling


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness---I LOVE this Tuesday Travel To Do idea! I am totally going to steal it for my blog!!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN