Popular Posts

Monday, January 23, 2012

gREAT wEEKEND

I had a great weekend but definitely not as good as a weekend spent here would have been.
Cape Town, South Africa courtesy of Bing.com
Anywho know since in crying over a missed beach, I had a wonderful weekend either way.  Friday night we cooked hamburgers on the grill and then sat around the fire pit.  Lara, Colby, Kaylynn, and Casey were over and we had a lot of fun.  Kaylynn and Casey spent the night since it was bound and determined to be a late and fun filled night.  Saturday we were up around 7:30 and sat around, drank our coffee and then Kaylynn and I headed out to Tyler to run a few errands.  Kaylynn got a new purse from Dillards, which was the sole purpose of the trip and I got some tights and a pair of JEGGINGS.  Yes, you read right.. jeggings.  You know the leggings that are printed like jeans.  I needed these for my tall boots and long sweaters/shirts that I have.  After eating WWAAYYY too much at Olive Garden we ran a couple more errands and headed home. 

On our way back we stopped in Lindale at Red 55 Winery and the Miranda Lambert Store to check it out and grab a bottle of Miranda Lambert's wine.  We rested the rest of the afternoon before we had another long night.  Lincoln had been working on smoking some pork on his propane smoker and that was dinner Saturday night.  It was so good and after the same crew got our bellies full we headed back outside for some more fire pit action.  I think we are getting old or we just over did it Friday night because Saturday we were all worn out and went to bed earlier.  Sunday morning after sleeping in and having a mouth-watering breakfast of sausage, biscuits and gravy we all got showers and then headed out to Casey and Kaylynn's house.  Once there, we formed a game plan for the rest of the day that consisted of four-wheelers and miles of dirt roads.  We road for 4 or 5 hours along the back roads North of MV and it was alot of fun.  Nice and relaxing and something that we don't do a lot of very often.  The weather was great even though it was super windy.  After we got jiggled all over the place we were hungry so headed to Mi Casita for some early dinner and then home.  It was nice spending the weekend with friends that are such great influences and so close that we call each other family.  It was a much needed staycation and I'm glad my brother and Lara came out for the nighttime fun. 

I was also proud of myself and glad that I have teachers that require this to happen but I had all my homework done and turned in on Thursday night.  So...that meant that my whole weekend was still free and I wasn't neglecting any school work.  I was pumped and it felt great being able to enjoy myself without having those nagging thoughts of all the homework that needs to be done at the last minute on Sunday when I get home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN