Popular Posts

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Mailbox Love

In honor of February & it being the love month and all I decided to take part in a little challenge that I found here!  An author, Mary Robinette Kowal, set forth THIS challenge and it goes something like this:
  1. In the month of February, mail at least one item through the post every day it runs. Write a postcard, a letter, send a picture, or a cutting from a newspaper, or a fabric swatch.
  2. Write back to everyone who writes to you. This can count as one of your mailed items.
All you are committing to is to mail 24 items. Why 24? There are four Sundays and one US holiday. In fact, you might send more than 24 items. You might develop a correspondence that extends beyond the month. You might enjoy going to the mail box again.
Not only am I going to be showing my love for my friends by sending them a nice note, letter, or whatever I am going to be showing every one's mailbox some mail.  First off, my poor little rusty white mailbox will get to send instead of always receiving and all of ya'lls mailboxes are going to be shown a little love in the form that equals NOT A BILL!  LOL  I get such joy out of the little things in life and checking the mail is one of them.  Even now all I get are the expected bills and the not so expected or wanted junk mail but every great once in a while I will get the save the date or a shower invite and it instantly puts a smile on my face.  I can't tell you what I find so enjoyable but it's just fun.  So I have my list of names and I'm sending out my email and texts to get the proper addresses tomorrow so I can start and finish my Month of Letters Challenge. 

Join me in showing some mailboxes some love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN