Popular Posts

Saturday, January 28, 2012

DIY: Re-do an Antique Lamp

Now I use the word antique loosely! LOL  My Mom and Mike got some new lamps for their living room and my mom was planning on throwing the "antique" ones out. LOL  They were pretty old and gold and ugly BUT I saw their true worth. :)  I confiscated one of them and re-did it today.  I was also so pleased with the way it turned out I just texted her to have her keep the other one for me too. 

I am planning/in the process of redecorating or just decorating for the first time my guest room.  I have some really nice furniture in there and it has sort of a western feel to it.  I don't want a western themed room so I decided to do something light, relaxing, warm, and cozy all in the same decor.  I haven't done the room yet just the lamp so I won't give all my elements of surprise up just the lamp right now.  The rest will come in spurts so I probably won't reveal the rest until the room is complete but the lamp is too good to be true.  I am sad and jealous of myself for doing such a good job because I don't want to put it in the guest room I want to use it so I can see it and be delighted often.  :(  Oh well, I guess I shouldn't out do myself and I wouldn't feel this way. 

ANYWAYS

Without further ado I present to you the before & the after!



You will need:
  • Old Lamp
  • 1 can appliance paint in wanted color
  • lamp shade
  • lace ribbon
  • hot glue and approx 3 glue sticks

 

I love, love, love my newly redecorated lamp!  Mother you missed out. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN