Popular Posts

Monday, October 1, 2012

Amazing Race Premiere Party

Sunday night we had Colby, Lara, Casey and Kaylynn over for an Amazing Race Premiere get together. 
 
I made sure to have everyone were the same shirt as their partner since we of course had to take pictures and all that. 
Everyone showed up around 5:30 which gave us plenty of time to visit, cook, and eat supper before the big show. 
I made Kaylynn’s eftoufee recipe and it turned out great. Lara was a bit skeptical of it since I am known to cook some “off the wall” things according to her and she doesn’t eat fish so it was a new thing for her…BUT as far as I know she liked it and so did everyone else so. 
YAY!

Recipe is at the end of this post 
 
After a scrumptious dinner that ran past the show, thank goodness for DVR, we cleaned the kitchen up and got ready for the big premier. 
Before we started the show we took our team photos and boy was that an ordeal. Everyone rolls their eyes and doesn’t want to play along with me….NO FUN! 
The girls were good sports but it was getting the guys attention that was the hard part.
 
THE COMPETITORS OF THIS YEAR'S AMAZING RACE ARE.......drum roll please.....
Lara has her game face on and Colby is overjoyed as always LOL

Our fiercest competitors...Casey insisted on doing a "live" picture!

the winning team in my book. LOL
After that we were ready for the show to begin. 
I had looked up the teams to check out what this season was going to look like and found a really cute couple that I picked to root for. 
I always try to go for an actual couple because most of the time they are the most interesting. Once the show began and all the teams were being introduced the team that I had picked was actually from Texas…sadly they came in like 8th place so I hope they step up their game or I may have to switch who I’m rooting for. 
The first episode was great and I can’t wait to see what the rest of the season holds. 
I saw some pretty noticeable places so it’s bound to be great!
_________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Kaylyyn's Crawfish Etoufee- this is the regular serving recipe, I doubled this to feed 6 and it was the perfect amount
 
1 1/2 stick butter
1/4 c flour
1 lg onion chopped
1 lg bell pepper chopped
2 ribs of celery chopped
2 garlic gloves minced
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1-2 cups of water
1 package crawfish tails
1 tbls lemon juice
french bread
green onions chopped
white rice
 
1. Made medium brown roux with butter and flour
2. Add veggies and cook stirring frequently until tender and light brown
3. Add crawfish, seasoning and lemon juice
4. Mix well
5. Gradually add water as it cooks to get desired thickness
6. Simmer until tails are tender
7. Serve over cooked white rice  with bread and green onions as garnish

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Amazing Race. I was so excited for the Premier! I also liked the couple from Texas, but they didn't seem to be super on it. We'll see what happens. I did not care for the twin sisters....they were annoying!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN