Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

State Fair 2012

Monday Kaylynn and I went to the State Fair in downtown (ghettoville) Dallas.  We left early, around 7:45 and got there pretty early.  We walked around and visited different exhibits my favorite was the auto exhibit that showcased a lot of the new cars from different makers.  We went through a few kid exhibits that involved animals and we petted some sting rays.  That was really neat not to mention we left the barnyard exhibit with wants of baby goats and yaks. LOL We ate a yummy German lunch and rode the famed ferris wheel.  After our ride we walked around a bit more and felt we accomplished what we come to do so decided to head out  I had a few tickets left so bought an ok funnel cake and some salt water taffy.  Overall it was a nice cool day at the fair with one of my great friends but the fair itself was a tad overrated.  We were both expecting something pretty big and more content that was there but what it boils down to is that it's just a regular county/city fair that you would find in your local area.  I'm glad I experienced it but I think I'm good for about 5 years.

Big Tex


some pretty Monarchs that were in the garden at the butterfly exhibit


We rode bumper cars and I think were able to take out all/any anger that we had on all the other people by ramming them! LOL They should have these set up outside each work place for only adults.

My yummy Reuben sandwich on a pretzel roll....it was so good

Dallas skyline from the top of the wheel

me and Kaylynn

I couldn't decide which picture so I did a collage of several I took...its a post on the fair you can't have too many pictures of the ferris wheel!
Today was a great ending to a great long weekend!  YAY only a 4 day work week this week and next week!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun!! I always love a State Fair!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I miss Dallas and the State Fair! I was so bummed I didn't get to go this year!


    ~Kayla
    http://confessionsbykayla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN