Popular Posts

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Love After Death?

Yesterday at work a co-worker was telling me about her great uncle whose wife suffered from Alzheimer's and passed away a few months ago.
Her great uncle has since started dating and is now engaged to a woman whom the couple had known for years and years. The older couple had been married for almost 30 years and although the wife had sort of really been gone for the past 4 or 5 years because of the disease she was still there in person and had been this man’s companion for the past 25 years.  
 
While watching TV this week Lincoln and I saw a show or something that had the same type of situation.  Now I’ve never been in this position but my co-worker I both feel that this is WEIRD.
 
I don’t really know how to explain it other than I would feel betrayed and like I was easily replaceable, not too mention I would be highly pissed off if my husband got with a family friend any time after my death.
 I mean I would for sure haunt their asses!
 
I just don’t really understand how a family friendship can go from that to lover or romantic companion!
I understand the one friend is there for the griever and all that but if you never have felt those sort of romantic feelings while your spouse was alive then how does it cross to seeing this person in another light,
NOW of all times?
 
If anyone has any thoughts or insight on this please share because I would like to know…
just in case I need to come back and give one of my friends hell for hooking up with Lincoln after my death. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN