Popular Posts

Monday, August 9, 2010

House Update

Well my mom has been working really hard on getting a lot of the big stuff out of the way so when I get home we can focus on getting me settled in, decorating and just overall relaxing in my new casa.  I have all my furniture bought and paid for it will be delivered that Monday when I get home.  I have my new light fixtures and appliances picked out and my mom is going to get them tomorrow.  Lowe's has come out and measured for my new flooring and that will hopefully be done by the end of this week.  Also on Friday a guy is coming out to texture my master bath and the entry way after the wall paper has been removed.  I have hounded my mom to take a million pictures to capture the entire transformation since I am not there, but even if I was I would be taking a lot of pictures.  The house is going to be so much warmer and just look completely different.  My mom started painting on Friday and has finished the dining room and kitchen.  I believe she is moving on to the spare bedrooms and spare bath next.  I have designed a small addition to my back yard.  I don't know if I will be adding that while I am home but it will definitely get done sooner or later.  When I get home my mom and I will paint the living room, master bedroom, and the master bath.  She is saving that painting until I get home because she isn't too sure on the colors and is hoping to sway me LOL.  Those are really the most important rooms to me anyways to really make the transformation complete.  I hate that I am missing out on some of the big things like the floor and the rest of the painting because I really love doing all that and it is my house so its sort of a bonding time LOL.  But my mom is really helping out so I have more time to relax and get settled when I get home rather than busting my butt for the entire 3 weeks I'm there painting and doing all that hard labor.  I get more and more excited everyday seeing now I have less than 2 weeks and I will be there.  I have this amazing picture of the way I want it to look in my head and I just hope it turns out that way.  Usually my pictures don't turn out great when it comes to outfits and things but when it comes to home decor I always like the result I think this time will be another time that I am pleased with my work. LOL Thanks mom for helping out so much I really would be up a creek if it wasn't for you.... :)  Stay tuned for more updates.  I won't be posting any pictures until I get home and have it all situated but believe me I think the wait is going to be well worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN