Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Blog Challenge Day 21- A recipe

If it wasn’t such a sacred tradition I would share the Best Friends Hot Fudge Pudding Cake but……..that is a Megan, Piper, and Rachael special. When we are together we always have to make it; we call it "our cake" and we have been making it since I think around 6th grade and it is delicious. But since I am not going to share that little piece of heaven with you I will share a new recipe that I made while I was home. I keep seeing stuffed pork tenderloin recipes in all my cooking magazines and things but I have never made it. While I was home Lara and I were watching Top Chef and decided that I would make supper that night for everyone. We went to Brookshire’s to grocery shop not knowing what we went for and in the meat section the light bulb went off……….. I could finally make the stuffed pork tenderloin. I didn’t know how or have the recipe but I did have my trusty crack berry (LOL) glued to my hand so the search was on. My phone gave me the recipe in seconds so we got all our ingredients and headed to the house. I didn’t take pictures but all I can say is it was delicious and a big hit with everyone. Besides the tenderloin I also made mashed potatoes, because what meal isn’t complete without potatoes, and steamed asparagus in a little bit of butter. Below is the recipe I used for the stuffed pork tenderloin I highly recommend it to anyone. This would make a great Sunday dinner. It takes about 45 minutes or so to bake so it might be a bit too much for a working girl during the week. The flavor of the stuffing just goes through out the pork as it cooks and it stays so moist.



Ingredients
• 1 (3/4 pound) pork tenderloin
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 cup soft bread crumbs
• 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
• 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
• 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 1 bacon strip

Directions
1. Make a lengthwise slit about three-fourths of the way through tenderloin; open tenderloin so it lies flat. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside.

2. In a small skillet, sauté onion in butter until tender. Add bread crumbs; sauté until crumbs are golden brown. Remove from the heat. Stir in the parsley, sage, rosemary, salt, pepper and enough egg to moisten the ingredients.

3. Spread stuffing on one long side of tenderloin to within 1/4 in. of edges. Close meat and place bacon on top; tie with kitchen string. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.

Recipe from http://www.allrecipes.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN