Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tuesday's Travel To Do- Maldives





















A friend of mine recently got back from RR and he had visited the Maldives . A funny little story to go along…I emailed Wayne (so I don’t have to keep saying “my friend” like I only have one LOL) to see if he wanted to have lunch and I got a email back and it was he OUT OF OFFICE RESPONSE! I was totally shocked I had just talked to him the week before and he didn’t say anything about going on RR or anything SO I emailed his personal email. I got a response back from his sweet girlfriend, Janice, saying they were in the Maldives and it is paradise. Wayne was out on the water taking pictures but that he would talk to me when he got back to Iraq and that they both said hello. The email was really sweet especially since Janice is from the Philippines and her English is sometimes a bit broken. LOL I got a good laugh anyways and couldn't wait to hear all about their trip.

Meet Wayne
 
doesn't this look like a postcard?


Yes, this is their room or rather the back deck of their room

Meet Janice gazing at the crystal clear water on the hammock

OK so back to paradise, when Wayne got back we had our 2 week delayed lunch and he was telling me all about his trip to there and also the Congo. As promised a few days later he popped by my office to show me his wonderful pictures. I didn’t keep any of them but in the middle of me typing this I emailed him and told him to send me some of his faves. This place is indeed paradise just as Janice had said. They had a great time and even though I had already wanted to visit the Maldives now I know for sure it is a MUST SEE.

Wayne stayed in one of those lovely villas that sits over the water and has a glass floor in the sitting area. He said he even snorkeled under the villa and Janice was watching from inside. ISN’T THAT AMAZING? Ok so I am going to give you a few facts about the place and then overload you with pictures because really you need no convincing to visit this tropical paradise.

Where are the Maldives ?
The Maldives , officially Republic of Maldives , is an island nation in the Indian Ocean formed by a double chain of twenty-six atolls stretching in a north-south direction off India 's Lakshadweep islands, between Minicoy Island and Chagos Archipelago. It stands in the Laccadive Sea , about seven hundred kilometers (435 mi) south-west of Sri Lanka.

How is the climate?
PERFECT any time of the year only to skip the rain you need to head out during the dry season which is from December to about April.

What’s there to do?
Not much action but who needs that when you have the perfect set up to dive and see endless oceanic beauty & if you aren’t a diver the water is so clear then you can just sit above water or snorkel and see a great bit of the same. Also it is a tropical paradise so sit, relax, have a drink, do a few water sports, or take a nap on your hammock that is suspended out over the water form your villa.

Ok enough of all these boring words let’s get to the meat of this and see some pictures!

YES ALL THESE ARE REAL PICTURES!












Have a GREAT trip & a GREAT week day dreaming about PARADISE!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. How gorgeous is this? I'm so very jealous of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I've seen pictures of these awesome islands. A lot of them are screen savers. There are definately paradise! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN