Popular Posts

Monday, November 22, 2010

Stuffed Peppers Mole Recipe

It's been a while since I have posted a recipe and honestly I sort of forget since I am not cooking much these days.  I really don't know how I forget because ALL I think about is what I'm going to cook when I get home and what I'm having for lunch today...etc.  I am surprised I don't weigh 500 lbs as much as I love food. LOL  Anyways, this morning I was surfing Yahoo and came across this recipe and thought I would post it.  I love stuffed bell peppers and my mom has been making them for years.  Her version is sort of like a ricey meat loaf inside a bell pepper and it's really good.  I have only made that version as well but have been toying with the idea of making different versions of the same recipe to spice things up.  Yahoo must have read my mind because they had a recipe for stuffed peppers with mole.  Pretty much it's a Mexican variety of stuffed peppers.  MMMM MMMM No one loves Mexican food more than Texans.  I am loving this recipe and will for sure revisit this post later on to make my very own.  For now, I will leave you drooling over the lovely picture and recipe.  If you make this let me know how it is I am sure it's to die for. 

Ingredients

4 small or 2 large sweet peppers
1 8.8 oz. pouch cooked Spanish-style rice or long grain&wild rice
10 to 12 oz. cooked ground beef crumbles, or 2 cups cooked ground beef
1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
3 Tbsp. purchased mole sauce*
2 Tbsp. water
1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz.)
Salt and ground black pepper
2 Tbsp. snipped fresh cilantro

Directions

1.Cut tops off small peppers or halve large peppers lengthwise. Remove membranes and seeds. In a 4-quart Dutch oven immerse peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove; drain peppers, cut sides down, on paper towels.

2.For filling, in a saucepan combine rice, beef, corn, mole sauce, and water. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until heated through, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Place peppers, cut sides up, on platter. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Spoon filling into peppers. Sprinkle with cilantro. Makes 4 servings.

3.*Test KItchen Tip: If you can't find mole sauce, substitute 1/4 cup enchilada sauce and omit the 2 tablespoons water.

Recipe from Yahoo Shine and submitted to Yahoo by Better Homes & Gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN