Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tuesday's Travel To Do- Turkey

Since this is the week we, Americans, celebrate Thanksgiving I thought I would get clever and make this week’s post about Turkey . Ha ha (I know I’m a complete dork)

 



One of my friends went to Turkey on his last RR and said that it is THE MOST beautiful country that he’s been to yet. As I looked through some of his pictures I can see why. There are mountains surrounding the cities and things are lush and then sparse depending on where you are at…and let us not forget that you also have the Mediterranean Sea at your toes in the south, Aegean Sea to the west, and the Black Sea to the north. In my opinion the top site is Istanbul , the largest city in Turkey formerly known as Constantinople , which holds the famous blue mosque and other treasures. Of course there is much more Turkey to explore so don’t forget about Fethiye where you can take a 12 island boat tour, Kas for all you adventure buffs, where you can canoe, mountain bike, sea kayak, paraglide and this is only a few of the activities. I have had the chance to taste a bit of the Turkish food here in Iraq and I have to say that I was not impressed but it was also in Iraq . I am sure that Turkish food in actual Turkey is great. It would be a lot of fun to take a Turkish cooking class which can certainly be found in Istanbul and probably a few of the other main cities throughout the country.

A few facts about Turkey :


  • Capital- Ankara
  • Religion- 97% Islam
  • Most popular sport- Football, as in soccer not American football
  • Turkey is one of the founding members of the United Nations.
For now I will leave you with an array of pictures of this lovely country because I am feeling a bit under the weather and don’t really feel like doing much more talking typing.

Istanbul

Istanbul

Blue Mosque in Istanbul

Kas

Kas

Ankara

Ankara Mosque

Ankara in the winter


Kethiye


Kethiye




Enjoy your trip to Turkey and have a great Turkey Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN