Popular Posts

Friday, November 12, 2010

Show Us Where You Live- Bathrooms

Today on Kelly's Korner it is Show Us Where You Live showcasing bathrooms.  I haven't participated in Show Us Where You Live in a few weeks just because the showcase wasn't something I had or didn't want to show you all.  Anyways I love my bathrooms and I am ready to show them.  I don't have any really great pictures but the ones I have will have to do.  I LOVE my masterbath and I can't wait to get home and finish it up and also soak in my tub.

AWWW I can hear the decadence calling....OK I'm back from my day dream.

I wanted my masterbath to be my own little spa and place that is completely relaxed and tranquil.  I am so pleased with the way it has come out so far and with a few more finishing touches it will be PERFECT!  I picked out my paint color after much deliberation.  I had several picked out and I finally went with a light blue that has a bit of a green tint to it but not too much.  It matched the mirror I had picked out from Pier 1 and I was on my way to my spa look.  While I was at Pier 1 getting my mirror I noticed another piece that mached the mirror and I had to get it.  I grabbed it up and it looks great on the counter beside my sink.  I didn't want to be overloaded with shades of blues and every one does turquoise and brown but since my paint color was not a turquoise I went a head and went with brown towels and rugs.  I think the brown brings it full circle and really warms up the room.  While my mom and I were at Hobby Lobby one day I found these great apothecary pieces that I have sitting by my tub.  One holds q-tips, one holds cotton balls, and one holds bubble bath.  The original light fixture above the sink was old and gold so I replaced it with a more instyle bronze fixture.  The one area that I haven't got to spend much time on is the little toilet nook.  There isn't much space in there but I want to have some sort of relaxing quote or something like that on the walls along with maybe a sconce or something small just to give it a homey feeling. 

The guest bath was just so plain when I bought the house.  It had those hideous sliding shower doors that surround the shower/tub combo and those had to go with a shower curtain instead.  I painted this bathroom a shade of yellow and I love it.  Other than the paint I really didn't know what I wanted to do with this bathroom so I bought some big fluffy off white towels and rugs and it stayed like that while I focused on the rest of the house.  When my Mom and I went to Canton I found an old stained glass window for $10 and thought it would be a perfect wall piece for that bathroom.  I also replaced the plain sheet of mirror with one that is in a dark brown wood frame and it adds depth to the small bathroom.  A couple days before I left home I finally settled on a shower curtain from Bed Bath & Beyond.  I wasn't really in love with it but once I got it home and hung up it looked really good.  The only thing this room lacks is a little something to sit on the counter.


I hope you enjoyed the tour of my bathrooms! Have a great weekend

3 comments:

  1. I love the color in the master bath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the apothecary jars you have sitting on the side of the tub! I especially love that one holds bubble bath, it must make it nice and easy whenever you decide you want to use some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty. I love the colors and decor.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN