Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Bit of the Tropics in the Desert

The other day while at the fruit stand I saw a something that looked like an artichoke. I picked it up and asked the nice man what it was and he said artice or something like that. I said you mean artichoke and he said no and repeated the name again. I asked him if it was like and he said its fruit and white inside. I thought what the heck I will try it and it looked really cool on top of it. When I turned around I got another surprise… pomegranates so I grabbed one of those as well. Both needed to ripen a bit more so I sat them out for two days. On the second day we opened up both. I have eaten pomegranate before but never opened one myself. I didn’t have a clue so I looked it up and as always the Internet came through. The whole office really enjoyed it.






The other freaky fruit was discovered to be called atemoya and has an array of other names depending on where you’re standing on the globe. LOL It took a bit to find it I finally after typing in fruit that looks like artichoke I found it. When I broke it open it looked SO disgusting like some sea creature that is alive. A co-worker and I took it to an office next door to have a guy inspect and approve as he has these in his native country of Lebanon . He gave it a thumbs up and before we tried any of it we made him be our guinea pig. I finally took a piece and it is very different and taste sweet/ vanilla-y. Atemoya is good but for sure needs some getting use to if I want to eat it again. Atemoya is native to the tropical Americas and pretty much every country has a different nick name for it. If you come across this in your grocery store or local market pick one up. It’s an experience to say the least.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN