Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New 30 Day Blog Challenge- Day 1 Your Biggest Accomplishment

After thinking about this post I feel like I haven't really accomplished much in my 23.75 years that I would consider blog worthy or even conversation worthy.  I mean I still have a whole life full of great accomlishment (I hope) like having and raising beautiful kids, growing in a healthy, loving marriage, finishing my masters degree, and balancing all the things life throws at us without total and complete failure. Anyways, something that I feel proud of and I would consider a great accomplishment is purchasing my second home at my age ALL BY MYSELF, no help from parents, no man needed. LOL
I consider myself a very responsible person and all the pays off in the long run.  I bought my first house when I was 18 and sold it last year at 22.  This past July I closed on my second home and I love it.  I have only got to stay in it for about 2 weeks since then but I have had a great time decorating, planning, moving, and relaxing in it so far.  In about 2 months I will be back in my new home permanently after living in Iraq for 2 1/2 years.
Not to rub it in or brag but I have only 53 days left in Iraq, then I'm off to vacation for 10 days, and I will be at home for good hopefully by January 23rd. That will be my next great accomplishment and then who knows but I know finishing my degree will follow soon after.  I sort of feel like I'm tooting my own horn here but sometimes I forget how lucky and how blessed I am until some little thing like this makes me remember how great my life is. 

Have a GREAT hump day!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, that is a GREAT accomplishment, however, I think one of your greatest accomplishments is the way I've seen you change and mature over the last 2 1/2 yrs. that you've been away and really come to find yourself and learn things about yourself you didn't know. I'm so proud of you and admire you for being able to "stick it out" over there this long given the surrounding circumstances and trials you've have to endure.
    I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN