Popular Posts

Thursday, November 18, 2010

New 30 Day Blog Challenge- Day 2 Your Definition of Success

The widely accecpted  dictionary definition of success is-

1. The achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted
2. a. The gaining of fame or prosperity
    b. The extent of such gain.
3. One that is successful
4. Obsolete A result or an outcome

My definition of success is being happy with yourself and being content in the life you have built for yourself. 

Now with that being said, I think that society and American society in particular places too much focus on material success.  To me material success is the view that you are only successful if you make X amount of money or live in a mansion and crazy things like that.  We have all heard the saying money can't buy happines and I think that Americans, in general (yes there are exceptions), think that if you have money you are successful and I don't think that is anywhere near correct. 

Success is living a life and being happy with the person that YOU are ok with.  As long as you think and feel that it's good enough then you are successful.  Of course everyone's ambition is different and everyone has different goals but in the long run if I have a happy marriage, a healthy family, a semi-successful (money making) career, and I am happy with the way my life is going then I consider that a great success.

1 comment:

  1. That is all so true! One thing we also forget besides making ourselves happy and being happy with who we are is to give all the thanks to God. If it wasn't for Him we wouldn't be able to be truly happy. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN