Popular Posts

Saturday, October 30, 2010

I'm a person again!

For the past month I have been passport-less, driver license-less, and social security card-less.  I had to send all this to the US Embassy in downtown Baghdad to get a new passport made.  I was really worried at first because  if something happened I would have NO way out of this country but luckily it all made it back to me today.  I am so excited to have my new passport not only do I have double the pages which is awesomeme because that means much more traveling without incident but my picture looks like me this time.  Last time I looked like I had black skin LOL it was really bad.  Anyways, now I can start putting in for my LAST RR, the next time I leave Iraq it will be the last time....no coming back. :)  I am still toying with the whole vacation thing.  I am just not sure if I would like to take one more vacation on this side of the world while I am here or just head home.  A part of me says the most responsible and smart thing to do for my pocket book is to head home and start getting settled back in to regular life but then another part says I more than likely won't be over in this part of the world for a couple years so I should take full advantage.  I think I might just go against my character and pull a whim of taking a vacation and not having a lot of plans.  It will only be a week long trip then I will come back to Dubai for 3 days before heading back to the states.  I just really don't know yet.  I know if I take a vacation I'm going to feel guilty for spending the money but if I don't I'm going to be kicking myself for missing out on an awesome trip.  So I'm going to keep researching and talk with my family and friends,  who knows where I'll end up or what I'll end up doing. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. I say go for the vacation! :) You might not have this opportunity again!! Whatever you decide - be safe and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So You're the one who has been reading my blog from Baghdad! haha :) I'm so glad you stumbled across my blog and I'm glad I came across yours as well! :) I need to read through and catch up on yours!

    xo laura

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN