Popular Posts

Friday, October 29, 2010

Carving Mango Melon...errr I mean pumpkins

Yesterday a couple co-workers and I had to go out the the Iraqi grocery store and fruit stand to gather supplies for our Halloween party.  We got everything we needed inside the store and so we headed out to the fruit stand.  They were stocked with all sorts of things that were a big treat. 

Besides the normal apples, oranges and bananas they had cilantro, plums, pomegranates, mango melon, and another special kind of fruit that I will be telling you about in a few days. 

Anyways we were getting the things we needed and I saw the mango melons and the light bulb went off. 

I thought...
Halloween= pumpkin carving- your in Iraq so there are no pumpkins= mango melons instead!

That's right folks little uncreative me thought of the idea of carving the melons with faces just like we would with pumpkins back home.  My friends hooted with enthusiasm and so I bought two and was so excited to see the outcome. 

Last night after work Dustee and I set out to make it happen.  She advised on their faces but I did all carving and cleaning out. 











 I think for Iraq we did an awesome job and I can't wait to show them off on Halloween and at our party.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work! I wonder if we can find something to carve in Greece.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN