Popular Posts

Monday, October 18, 2010

My floor was a water bed

On Thursday morning my mom called me. The exterminator was suppose to have met her out at my house that Wednesday afternoon to spray the inside and outside of my house so I figured she was calling just to let me know everything had been taken care of.

MOM: “Well, do you want the good new or bad news first?”
ME: “Uuhhh I don’t know”

Let’s remember I have probably been up a total of 15 minutes by this point so I don’t care about a lot of things right now. I am not really a morning person per say.

MOM: “The exterminator called me and let me know he had some free time early in the afternoon and asked if it was ok to go out and start spraying the outside of the house. When he got there he called me to tell me there was water coming from the garage.”
ME: SILENCE
MOM: “So I leave work to go out there and the garage door won’t open so I go through the front door and I hear water running and in front of your stove looks like a water bed.”
ME: #@$%
MOM: “So we turned off the water and tried to figure out where it was coming from and Mike thinks you have a leak in the wall behind your sink. Guess this wasn’t the best way to start your day huh?”
ME: “No not really. Ok so what’s the good news?”
MOM: “Well it could have been worse!”

I thought maybe there was something really great that happened that might overshadow the bomb that I just received but I guess she is right it could have been a lot worse and it still may we won’t be sure until the plumber get in and starts his repairs.

The plumber hasn’t made it out but is going to hopefully start today and in the mean time some people came out to suck up the water and put out de-humidifiers in the house. To do all this they had to rip up part of my brand new kitchen floor and part of the carpet in the living room because it too was wet. I am so disgusted not at anyone but just at the situation. First, that was a brand new floor and I have a home warranty and insurance and all to cover most of the costs but still. Second, I hate not being there to take care of it all myself. My mom does a great job but I hate her having to deal with all that for me. I wouldn’t be able to do anything without you mom I hope you know how much I appreciate you. I know it could happen any time and it doesn’t have anything to do with the house it just one of those things that comes with it. My mom said they had a big storm on Monday so she thinks a lot of it has to do with that. The day the people came to suck up the water my mom also discovered the garage door motor was burned up so now that has to be dealt with.  I hope that after this nothing else happens at least until I get home but I would prefer to go mishap free for a while. I do get new carpet out of the deal so I guess that is a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN