Popular Posts

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Show Us Where You Live: Dining Room

Kelly's Korner has been hosting a weekly post of Show Us Where You Live and this week the showcased room is the dining room.  I don't have many pictures of my dining room and all the details but you can get the gist by before and after pictures.
Before
In the process of painting and getting rid of the VERY dark green and the dreaded wall paper. The color I wanted was a little lighter and not quite as green as I had hoped but once I put the room together I think its a great fit.
My new hutch which I am really excited about.  I have never had one before and while I was furniture shopping online I came across this.  From what I could tell it matched my dining room set really well so I had my mom order it.  When it came in she told me it looked amazing.  It has sort of an extra that my whole family is obsesses with LOL.  The top right door hinge is a switch for the light inside the glass part.  You just touch it with your finger one, two , or three times depending on the brightness that is desired.  We were all in awe of this.  I would have never even noticed but my mom did.  So far I have only filled the top portion with my "heirloom china" that I got at Canton. LOL  I found a really pretty flowered pattern with greens, browns, and tans that i liked and the lady had a lot so she sold me every piece she had for $30.  I was proud of my buy and I think it sort of looks semi- fancy :) but homey all the same.
The wall with the HUGE fork and spoon is in between the kitchen and dining room.  I saw these on the Pier 1 web site and fell in love with them.  I thought they looked modern and I liked that touch but paired with my other styling they would sort of mesh nicely since I don't really have a modern taste when it come to home decor.  They are around 4 feet tall and pretty heavy as well.  It took my mom, Lara, and me to hang them up.  I think they are awesome and sort of give an artistic flare to the room without being too over bearing.  Everyone who has come over so far has some smart mouth joke to say about them.  My brothers got the biggest kick out of them but that's only because they would love to feed themselves with them as they eat like horses. LOL
This is the finished product.  I need a few more detailed pictures to show you all the neat things but you can get the general idea.  The chandelier is being replaced as soon as Lowe's receives the new fixture.  It has been on back order for around 2 months now. :( I hope it is put in by the time I get home in January.  I wanted a simple and classy feel for the dining room but still comfortable and welcoming so I really love how the dark furniture and floor warm the room and mix well with the color of my walls.  My mom gave me the clock as sort of a home welcoming gift and I really like it.  I need a few more things on the walls but haven't found anything that I just have to have yet.  The flower arrangement on the table are green hydrangeas in a french country style cement pot.  While I was home I had pretty much decided against having curtains because I felt like they would crowd my rooms and make them feel stuffy but now I am rethinking that.  I feel curtains would really finish this room and a couple others so I plan on finding some really neat fabric and making my own.
I hope you enjoyed my dining room! Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. You did a great job...your room turned out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the spoon & fork, i've had my eye on them at pier1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wall color that you choose. It really lightens up the room.
    Oh, I'm another fan of the big spoon and fork. '
    You have a terrific space.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN