Popular Posts

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Home Away From Home

I have never shown my room in Iraq but I think now is the perfect time since I am moving into a new room.  I am not gettting a bigger room unfortunately but I am moving WAY closer to my office and I'm going to be surrounded by neighbors I know.  I have been living in a small room for over a year now and I am right by the sewage tanks and when they empty them the gasy smell floods my room.  It is so bad I wake up from my sleep suffocating from the gaseous smell in my room.  So needless to say I have about had it with the room not to mention that my new trailer mate (the person I share a bathroom with) is a disgusting pig and NEVER cleans up the bathroom after herself.  The other day I was venting about all this to a co-worker and she said well you can just move in and be my trailer mate.  The lady that was living there was transferred so it worked out perfectly. 
Outside my room
  
My cell number LOL
Looking into my room from the doorway
Looking out from my bed

My sink and toiletries
 This is my room that I have lived in for the past 1 1/2.  It's approx 8ft X 12 ft  and VERY small.  There is really only room for the essentials.  I had a big bed in this room which is bigger than a full but not quite a queen so it took up a lot of space.  The bathroom isn't shown but it's only a toilet and a shower stall...nothing special I promise.

NOW....my NEW small room

I have way more space in this room because I have a twin bed so it will fix width wise in the room.  I like this because now I have enough space to do Insanity and to just move around more.  I really like my new room I feel way more comfortable with a little more space plus I have an awesome trailer mate.  Shkurte was helping me move last night and she got to giggling saying she feels like she is in college.  We are both the same age but never had the dorm experience in college or have got to share a space with a friend.  I think we are going to have a lot of fun.  It needs a little sprucing but overall I only sleep there so I am not really worried about wall art and things.  I usually just decorate around my vanity mirror.  So now you know how I live when I am in Iraq.
My new room- This is as close as the city I have or will probably ever live.  A row of trailers is like the suburbs...everyone's looks the same

New room number

Vanity- needs a little sprucing


My bed and some of my floor space.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN