Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Creamy Pumpkin Strudels

I can't wait to try this recipe!
Oh how I wish I was home right now to enjoy this season.
I am obsessed with all things pumpkin right now and have been thinking of all sorts of dishes that I want to try once I am back in my kitchen.
I think it may be officially Fall in Iraq.
I slept with my window open last night and this morning I walked out into the FRESH air. It was so nice.
I topped my morning off with a big steaming mug of butter toffee coffee.
It was DE-LISH!

Now some one must try this recipe and let me know how it is. I can only imagine and just that is making my mouth water.  I will for sure be revisiting this post one Sunday once I am back home.  This morning while surfing my daily sites I saw this on Yahoo's Shine and had to post it.  Enjoy!
















Ingredients

1 15-ounce can pumpkin
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
12 sheets frozen phyllo dough (18x14-inch rectangles), thawed
2/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup granulated sugar
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, cut into 12 slices
Whipped cream (optional)

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 400 degree F. For filling, in a small bowl combine pumpkin, brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
2.Place 2 sheets of phyllo on top of one another and brush top sheet with some of the butter. (Keep remaining phyllo dough covered with plastic wrap to prevent it from becoming dry and brittle.) In a small bowl combine granulated sugar and 4 teaspoons cinnamon. Sprinkle a generous 2 tablespoons of cinnamon-sugar mixture over the brushed phyllo. Sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons of the pecans.
3.Cut the 2 layered sheets of phyllo lengthwise to create two long strips. Place a slice of cream cheese about 2 inches from end of dough strip. Spoon a well-rounded tablespoon of pumpkin mixture on top of the cream cheese.
4.To shape, fold bottom edge of phyllo up and over the filling. Fold in sides and roll up to encase filling. Place on a baking sheet, seam side down. Brush with some of the melted butter. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Sprinkle with any remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture. Bake for 15 minutes or until phyllo is golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired. Makes 12 servings.
5.To Reheat: Cool strudels on a wire rack. Reheat within 2 hours or place cooled strudels in a covered container. Chill overnight. To reheat room temperature strudels, place strudels on a baking sheet lightly coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes or until center is warm. Reheat chilled strudels using the same method but heat in a 400 degree F oven for 10 minutes.

Recipe source: Yahoo's Shine originally from Better Homes and Gardens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN