Popular Posts

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Egypt Day 3

Thursday January 13, 2011
I was not feeling very well at all come Thursday but I was determined to not let my sickness get me down and stop me or even slow me from my itinerary so I trudged forward knowing that soon I would be able to rest in Dubai and then HOME!  On our way out of town we stopped at a pharmacy to get me some medicine and again luckily Mustafa was there to tell the man what I needed.  It was some strong head hold medicine that made me really exhausted and not so much sleepy but it made me feel very weighted down.  I still don’t know what it was all I know is that it helped me until I left. LOL

We went to The Valley of the Whales which is essentially a dessert full of bones. LOL When I put it like that it doesn’t sound very interesting but it actually is.  The theory or fact or I’m not really sure of which but it goes to say that The Valley of the Whales used to be an ocean and then when it receded the whales and all other oceanic life just dried up.  I collected several sea shells that are so petrified now that if you’re not careful they will just turn to dust in your hand.  We followed the path and read the plaques that told about all the history but really it was just a big hike.  It was so windy and I am really glad I brought along several scarfs for ear and neck protection.  We climbed a huge sand dune that when we started didn’t look that big but by the time we got to the top we could see forever it seemed like and were way out of breath.  My legs were for sure burning and sore the day after this journey.
Entrance to the Valley of the Whales





On the ride back I let Mustafa and the driver listen to my IPod and they loved old songs from like Michael Bolton and stuff LOL.  We stopped by Lake Karon and walked around and even found a waterfall that was created from the spillway.  It was really neat seeing water out in the middle of the dessert. 


By late afternoon we had seen the sites of that area and headed into a small village to eat at a fish restaurant by the lake and then to a new hotel.  My room at the hotel was really big and so homey.  I was so tired and didn’t feel good I took a long bath and headed straight to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN