Popular Posts

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Crafts

I made a good portion of my Christmas gifts this year and some turned out great and others good but not like I imagined.  I learned a few new things too that next time I do a similar craft I'm for sure going to use.  Anyways now that Christmas is over and everyone has their gifts I can post how I made them.  I have been wanted to do this for a while now but I didn't want to ruin the surprises. 

Me & Lincoln's Ugly Sweatshirts

Supplies Needed for one shirt:
1 sweatshirt
1 felt square
Hot glue gun
Scissors
Glitter poms
Garland





Ten Commandments Cross

I got a cross from Canton that had the 10 commandments carved into it.  I thought that it would make a great gift for my Mom.  I painted the gross a light tan or more of a cream color then put a brown metallic glaze over it.  It wasn't EXACTLY how I imagined it but it worked and my Mom really liked it.


Cross with Welcome Plaque

I also got just two plain crosses from Canton and found two metal plaques that had welcome written on them and thought it would be cute to decorate the crosses and then attach the plaques. I painted the plaques a cream color.  The crosses were another story.  I wanted to do like a paper mache type decor on the front of them but that didn't workout too well.  Patricia's ended up being just brown with the plaque and Lara's was green with a gold glaze and the plaque.  I don't have a whole lot of pictures of each but you can get the drift. 




Connie's Cross

I loved the way this one turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN