Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Crap 2011

Wow, Christmas was crazy this year. I had so many different ones to go to and I was so ready for a day of rest come on Monday. It was almost just too much but it is always good seeing family that you don’t usually see and catching up.

* Wednesday December 21st- Christmas at Connie’s (Lincoln’s mom) and ended up being a late night due to me making us some sweaters (more to come on that in a later post)*

* Friday December 23rd- Christmas with Lincoln’s extended family on his dad’s side in Pittsburg. Full of chicken spaghetti and Wii dance games LOL*

*Saturday December 24th- Annual Deal Christmas Eve Morning Breakfast with all my dad’s side of the family. Not everyone showed there faces this year but it was good getting together with our gang and eating cinnamon rolls. Right after breakfast and a little visiting me and Lincoln headed to Mt. Pleasant so he could drop me off with his mother for another Christmas event. He had to work nights this weekend so he had to miss a few of the events but I don’t think he minded. LOL I rode with Connie and Shawn to Lincoln’s Nannies in between Longview and Gilmer for some Christmas lunch, game playing, and gift exchange. I actually won a money game and left with $51.  :)  I think the veteran family members were jealous of my beginners luck. I got home from that around 6 and then had a full night of cooking and finishing up my last few gifts. Needless to say by this point I was wiped out and really want just to sleep in and do nothing the next day but I couldn't.*

* Sunday **Christmas** - I got up around 9 and got ready and headed out to my Mom’s house early so Lincoln could get a few hours of good sleep before he came over. We ate lunch and unwrapped presents at Mom and Mike’s and around 3 headed to my brother’s house for Christmas with my dad. We had finger foods that took on a Mexican theme, visited, and unwrapped presents while watching Lonesome Dove. After everyone had there belly and hands full my Dad and Patricia headed out since Patricia had to work Monday and I stayed to help do some decorating around the house with Lara. My Mom and Mike came over to help with the logistics of all the hanging. Around ten Mom and Mike headed home, Colby and Caleb went off to varmint hunt or something and Lara and I watched The Help. I got home around 1:30AM and was totally exhausted. That was my Christmas in a nutshell. I enjoyed every bit of it but was glad also for it to come to an end. Tonight I think I’m going to take my decorations down and get my house back to normal and ready for the New Year.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN