Popular Posts

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Doggy Nanny

I need to enlist the help from a super doggy nanny to help contain my horrible mutt!

Hercules has been acting HORRIBLE!! He tears up anything and everything that is outside and isn't concrete.  He has torn up faucet covers, water hose, sprayers, lounge chairs, tropical plants and the pot, any paper product that gets blown into the yard, and mail delivered by UPS or FedEx.  He is a perfect angel inside he never has accidents, chews, or tears up anything.  The only thing he does do inside is NOT MIND but I suppose that's my fault for not teaching discipline. 

Saying all this, today was the last straw.  I got a text from Lincoln this afternoon and he said that while he was in the shower Hercules had PEED and took the most ginormous dump on my cowhide rug.  I cracked! I was so mad and I had decided to give him away to a loving home.  I confess that if he continues on with this bratty rebellious behavior he is going to have a whole in his head and I am not speaking figuratively. 

Lincoln cleaned up the pee before he went to work but the poo was still too soft so I got the joy of cleaning that up when I arrived home from my AWESOME day at work.  Now you are probably saying well he just really had to go.  WRONG!! He had been outside all day long while Lincoln was in the house napping and milling around the house.  He only let him in to eat and stuff while he got ready for work so there is really no excuse.  I have no idea why he has been acting like this.  He should be out of his puppy stage he is 14 months old!!! 

I have decided to get a game plan together and regain control of my household because right now Hercules rules the roost.  He doesn't know any discipline besides what outside means and he goes into his crate great.  It's not that he causes so much trouble inside but it is all his outside antics that are driving me crazy.  All he does is continue to cost me money.  If I don't get a handle on this dog immediately I am going to have to get rid of him and I really hate that because he has a great personality and he is very loving not to mention he doesn't really do anything too bad inside the house (where he spends the majority of his time). 

My main goal is to teach him to leave things alone outside and mind more commands.  The only obstacle I find in my way is that he doesn't get hurt.  You can just beat him and spank him but he still comes back wagging his little nub IMMEDIATELY! It doesn't sink in that..."hey I shouldn't do that ever again"  I just don't know.  Lincoln is going to have to help me a lot because I haven't ever trained or even had a dog as a pet so I am a new mom.  This whole game plan is coming a year late but for a while it wasn't bad but now it is really taking a turn for the worst and I am at the end of my line.  Anyways he has acted nice tonight since I have been home and I have semi- forgiven him and we will be working on things soon. 

1 comment:

  1. it took Gunner THREE years to get out of his puppy phase....it was the worst. I was definitely not his biggest fan to say the least until recently. He will grow out of it....but needless to say, I won't be getting a male dog again!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN