Popular Posts

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tuesday's Travel To Do- Barcelona, Spain

I have fallen in love with Barcelona, Spain since I have started my research on it for this post. I wish I had enough time to visit while I’m on my next vacation to Egypt but I don’t. I will be there some day though and I can’t wait to experience it myself. I follow a couple blog where the ladies have visited Barcelona with their families check out what they have to say about it here and here.When I think of Barcelona for some reason I think of really cool bars (probably because I’m dying for anything with a .1 or more alcohol content), bright colors, gothic architecture, awesome food, and football (soccer).

 
Barcelona is located on the Mediterranean coast between the mouths of the rivers Llobregat and Besòs and is bound to the west by the Serra de Collserola ridge. I am thinking that Barcelona has EVERYTHING a city could ask for culture, beach, sports, and tons more. I don’t have much to say about Barcelona because I would love to just book a flight and a hotel, buy a travel book on Barcelona in the airport and walk the city to see what I can find and discover on my own. All the different things to see just jump out at you the only plan I would have is to see which way the sidewalk takes me that day.  I have picked some of my favorite and most famous sites that I want to visit while in Barcelona to help show you, and me, the beauty of this magical city.

The first few pictures below are works of art by Antoni Gaudi and I think they look so awesome.  Like something from Willy Wonka LOL!
Sagrada Familia


Park Guell
Casa Vicens
Casa Batllo 
Cathedral of St Eualia

Gothic Church of Santa Maria del Pi
Columbus Monument- located at the site where Columbus returned to Spain after his first voyage to the Americas

La Rambla- street in Barcelona know to tourist for shopping and for live statues
Hospital de Sant Pau
Tapas
Castell dels tres dragons (3 Dragon’s Castle)
Beach in Barcelona


Fast Facts about Barcelona:

  • Barcelona is the capital of the Catalonia region of Spain which has its own language
  • May is the best time to visit but Barcelona has great weather year around
  • Barcelona is the second largest city in Spain next to Madrid

Pack your bags and book your flights we are off to Barcelona!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN