Popular Posts

Monday, December 20, 2010

My 24th Birthday Celebration Iraqi Style

Last Thursday, the 16th was my 24th birthday and I had a great time celebrating with friends. This was my 3rd birthday in Iraq and this one was BY FAR the best. I had so much fun hanging out with my co-workers and closest friends away from the office. It was a really relaxing night and there was a lot of laughter shared among friends.
Initially I wanted to go bowling but about a week before I changed my mind because I would have rather relaxed and visited with everyone rather than be involved in some activity. Plus bowling is a tad expensive. I decided that I wanted to go out to the Turkish restaurant and sit outside around the fires they build every night. This was a great hit with everyone else and they have different restaurants out there so everyone could get something they liked. We left out around 7:45 and once we found an empty fire and got everyone situated we ordered our food. Vin, Chris, and I all had Chinese and of course it was D-lish, Dustee and Jas got pizza from the Mediterranean restaurant and others got food from the Turkish restaurant. Shenelle got a cake from the PX and we topped all that with some hookah smoking. All in all it was a GREAT night! Dustee and Jas left early because she had to pack since she was leaving the next day but the rest of us stayed until after 10. I got some really sweet cards and Wayne gave me a rubik’s slide. I have been so busy with work so I haven’t got to play with it yet but I am sure it’s going to be very entertaining. I am so thankful that I can have a great time and enjoy myself around great people while I am away from home and my family during such a special season. Thanks for everyone who contributed to making my birthday so special. I will remember it forever.

I even had a birthday headband that Chris gave me a couple weeks ago. I thought it looked so cute and gave me a special factor LOL.
Good times with great friends that I will stay in touch with for the rest of my life. I love these guys!
It's going to be a bit of a picture overload but I had so many good ones and I wanted to share so bear with me.
Birthday wishes from the gang.

Vin had to take a picture of my lovely birthday chariot. LOL

Happy Birthday to me it was a great day!

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY Birthday
    i live in Baghdad can i give u gipht
    its nice to take thing for memory from citizen u live in his homeland

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN