Popular Posts

Saturday, December 11, 2010

New 30 Day Blog Challenge- Day 24 Where I Live...in detail what makes it special

Baghdad , Iraq Camp Liberty aka Hell on Earth!
Literally this has to be the hottest place on Earth there is NO humidity, NO rain, LOTS of dust, and wind. I guess that shouldn’t be surprising since it’s a desert but WOW! Other than the obvious facts that make this place an undesirable it is actually pretty cool to say I lived here while history was in the making. If I look at the overall current situation I don’t see the significance but I am sure once I have kids and they are in school learning about wars this one will be a major part of the books. I will then get to tell them how I was there as we TRIED to stabilize a country. As I drive to Subway or around the base to do errands I often wonder what it would have been like while Saddam was here. All his palaces and houses are still here and they are massive. I would have loved to see all of it in the “glory days”. I wasn’t here at the beginning of the war when it really all went down but overall I can say that I played a part in making history and it is cool to see it and stand where someone so significant to the world stood too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN