Popular Posts

Friday, December 31, 2010

Basil Tomato= So Yummy!

Today the weather in Iraq is cloudy, rainy, and cold. 

The perfect addition to that would be some hot soup, a big blanket, crackling fire, and some good TV.  I could supply myself with all that if I was at home but one thing I didn't have was a really good tomato soup recipe.  I knew it couldn't be hard to make and there wouldn't be any since in eating that sodium induced canned stuff when I could make something way better just as quick.  I'm not big on tomatoes but one thing I have always liked is tomato soup.

I found this super easy recipe at All Recipes.  I will for sure be giving it a shot when I get home.  Mix up a big batch of this and some gooey grilled cheeses ooohhh my it sounds so good I can feel it warming me as I type. Hehehehe As soon as I make this I will be sure to post a review of how great it is. 


Basil Tomato Soup

Ingredients
2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
18 fresh basil leaves, minced
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup butter or margarine
Directions
In a large saucepan, bring the tomatoes and broth to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add basil and sugar. Reduce heat to low; stir in cream and butter. Cook until butter is melted.


Stay warm or cool where ever you are and have a safe and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN