Popular Posts

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Randomness

Ok so I have all these random facts and tid bits of info that I need to get out.  And for the record it may seem random to you but to me they all make perfect sense. LOL! 

  • I have been obsessed with watching BBC documentaries lately and have been learning all sorts of AWESOMENESS and also by learning all this I have formed a few theories see below. :)
  • Did you know that a big group of monkeys is called a TROOP?  Oh yeah well me neither until I learned that on BBC.  I little story that you probably won't think is funny since you aren't in my head or at my office but I want to share anyways so just humor me.  Ok so after learning this fascinating fact I HAD to share it with my co-workers.  I told them how a group of monkeys is called a troop and then I was like well that is sort of funny because the baboons that were on my documentary were sort of soldier looking LOL.  Then all I saw in my head was a bunch of baboons in their troop with little military hats on.  I got so tickled at my own images I was laughing hysterically and had tears running down my face.  My co-wokers laughed because I had to chop and screw some images to make them totally get my drift then they were laughing too. LOL I know I'm so weird but it's one of those Iraq things. LOL See the pic I made below and sent to my co-workers it's priceless!
  • Another BBC fact- Wildebeest have to graze at least 16 hours to get enough food for them.  Could you imagine if we had to eat 16 hours in a day. BOY I WOULD BE SO FAT!
  • I HAVE 1 MONTH 1 WEEK AND 3 DAYS LEFT IN IRAQ! CAN I GET AN AMEN?

  • I love love love putting up Christmas trees.  My mom really doesn't like it because it's quite the chore but I always help her and bug her to death to do it all.  I am so glad that this is my last Christmas away from home.  3 Christmases away from home are way too many.
  • Ok here is a theory that was formed in my crazy, nut brain after again watching WAY too much BBC.... if there are
vampire fish (candiru),

vampire bats,

vampire insects and mites (ticks and mosquitos), then why can't there be VAMPIRE HUMANS? I mean that is a perfectly logical question right and just a little back history yes all these things listed above except maybe the bats live off nothing BUT BLOOD of other living creatures.  Also if there are vampire humans can mine be him? SO HOT
  • I found a blog the other day called to make a Long story short and as I was reading some of her post.  I came across one that was about how she had a fish pedicure.  What is a fish pedicure you may ask?  Well my lovelies it's a foot bath thing that is filled with little minow like fish but these aren't just any fish these are FLESH EATING FISH.  When you put your feet in they swarm to you and sort of latch on and eat all the dead skin.  They are small so I'm sure it doesn't  hurt but I am sure it feels really crazy.  After learning about this I scoured the Internet for more info and I learned that not only can you do your feet but you can do your FACE some how and also YOUR WHOLE BODY! YIKES!!! I really want to do it but so far not many people have it as an option it is mainly in China but I did find one spot in London that also does it. 

  • Ok so I was having lunch with Vincent, one of my friends, the other day and I found out something very interesting. 
Vincent is English and lives in London and has all his life.  While he was on RR a couple weeks ago he told me he was thinking of taking a short trip to Paris.  Paris is very accessible from London its only a couple hours on a train through the English Channel.  He ended up not going but I was so surprised to find out that even though he is that close he has NEVER been to Paris.  So of course I am never going to let him live this down because to me that is just ludicrous.  I mean you are so close to so many awesome things and you don't even think to go to them. 

Got side tracked-

Anyways back to lunch...we were talking and I was giving him a hard time about the Paris thing and I had a thought and of course it spewed out of my mouth.

Me- "Vin ok so you live in London, please tell me you've been to the London Eye."
Vin- with a coy look on his face..."umm well no"
Me- "WHAT? Ok that's a little touristy so what about the palace, the famous bridges...everything else...."
Vin- "NOPE I've walked past the palace on my way to shop on Kinsington."

I find this so weird.  I mean to me it's so crazy that you live somewhere so interesting and people pay thousand upon thousands of dollors/ pounds to see these things and you have never seen them.  I think I may have opened his eyes a bit but I told him either way when I come to visit he will have done these things then because I'm going to make him do it all with me. LOL  We take so much for granted and things that other people think are amazing we are immune to.  Pretty crazy! 

What are you immune to in your own backyard? (not to be taken literally haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN