Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

New 30 Day Blog Challenge- Day 20 & 21

I have to play catch up because I have been visiting Mystic Falls. He He Have you guys ever watched Vampire Diaries? If not then you have to.  I mean I know your thinking ANOTHER VAMPIRE SHOW! And yes there are similarities between all 3...Twilight, True Blood, and Vampire Diaries but it is really good.  I am hooked.  A friend put it on my hard drive the day before yesterday and so I started it that day and I watched the rest of the episodes yesterday.  I stayed at work until 9 o'clock, which if you don't know is 3 hours past my get off time, just because I was so into this show. LOL  It is really great and I was so sad to open the last episode because I knew that after that there wouldn't be any more. LOL  I know my life in Iraq is a sorry excuse for a life but there isn't anything better to do. I watched all of season 1 and part of season 2 which is airing now back in the states.  I can't wait to get home and see the rest of it. 

Ok so now that I am over that little obsession on to the task at hand.

Day 20- A Hobby
I guess a hobby that I have besides cooking and things like that that I really love would be blogging.  I started blogging almost 2 years ago and I have really come to like it a lot.  I follow several really interesting people and I love reading and learning about other peoples lives.  Plus it's like an online scrapbook for me to look back on years to come. 

Day 21- A Recipe

I love to cook so I have signed up for different websites newsletters.  They send me daily and weekly emails and after reviewing, the sometimes awesome recipes, emails I will save them in my folder called kitchen goodies.  This folder has a lot of recipes that strike me as good and that I want to make once I get back home.  I have accumulated quite a few so periodically I run through them and discard any that don't really fit my taste any more.  Probably because when I stuck it in the folder I was starving and anything looked good. LOL  This recipe is one I saved a week or two ago and I can't wait to try it.  Being from Texas I LOVE Mexican food and I love using wonton papers to make things.  They work really well in deserts and I can't wait to make little cups out of them but this recipe uses them to make little Mexican pockets.  Check it out and if you like it give it a go and let me know how they turn out.

Mexican Wontons 
Ingredients
1 pound pepper-jack cheese, finely shredded
1 (14 ounce) package won ton wrappers
1 cup vegetable oil for deep frying

Directions
1.Place 1 to 2 teaspoons of shredded cheese into the center of each wonton skin. Fold the top and bottom corners in toward each other and roll it up like a little egg roll. You will have to seal the wonton with a little water where the ends meet.

2.Heat oil in a deep pot to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C). Fry the wontons two or three at a time. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
This recipe is from All Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN