Popular Posts

Sunday, May 26, 2013

DIY: No Sew Roman Shade

I've known for about 2 1/2 years now that I wanted a roman type shade in my bathroom.  I couldn't find the exact one I wanted and then didn't want to fork out the dough for an expensive one so about 2 years ago I bought some semi-heavy fabric and a pattern that contained several different types of curtains, one of them being a roman shade.  Now that I've had that FOR-EV-ER and still haven't sewn it I looked online for a way to make one with no sewing, mainly because I don't know how to make anything with a pattern.  (That's on the to learn list once I'm done with school) 
 
I stumbled across THIS girl's blog where she did it using a mini blind. 
 
Well that works perfect because I could use the mini blind that was currently hanging and my material.  She said not to use hot glue but I'm the hot glue queen so I did and it turned out fine. 
 
Instead of retyping all the instructions you can check out hers because they are very detailed. 
 
In the beginning when I was measuring everything

got it all measured and I'm ready for my hot glue gun


TA-DA!  Before, hung up, and how it looks cinched!  PERFECT
This was a super easy project and I love the result.  My fabric is a little wrinkled but they will fall out. :) 
I plan on using one of the burlap sacks I have and make a curtain like this for my laundry room because I need the fabric of the current curtain for Peggy Sue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN