Popular Posts

Friday, May 24, 2013

Book Review: Dead Ever After


I have been reading the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris since I started watching True Blood a few years ago.  I love them and even though they don't really follow the show or the show doesn't follow the books they are both so good in their own right. 

The last and latest Sookie novel FINALLY came out and I've had it and another good read hidden on my Kindle waiting until the last to read them because they are my favorite and such a treat.  I was cruising Amazon back in probably...January and saw that the last book was coming out in May so I went ahead and pre-ordered it. 

Dead Ever After: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel


Amazon Synopsis
THE FINAL SOOKIE STACKHOUSE NOVEL
There are secrets in the town of Bon Temps, ones that threaten those closest to Sookie—and could destroy her heart....

Sookie Stackhouse finds it easy to turn down the request of former barmaid Arlene when she wants her job back at Merlotte’s. After all, Arlene tried to have Sookie killed. But her relationship with Eric Northman is not so clearcut. He and his vampires are keeping their distance…and a cold silence. And when Sookie learns the reason why, she is devastated.
Then a shocking murder rocks Bon Temps, and Sookie is arrested for the crime.
But the evidence against Sookie is weak, and she makes bail. Investigating the killing, she’ll learn that what passes for truth in Bon Temps is only a convenient lie. What passes for justice is more spilled blood. And what passes for love is never enough…


I read pretty much the entire book on Sunday while I was outside tanning in true Sookie style.  I love these books.  They are country, down home, adventurous, and just enough crazy to keep you interested and really begging for more.  I'm sad that this is the last book especially since the ending wasn't what I was hoping for...but as long as Sookie's happy I'm happy! LOL

If you haven't ever read the Sookie Stackhouse novels then you definitely need to get on it.  I've listed all of them below.

  • Dead Until Dark
  • Living Dead in Dallas
  • Club Dead
  • Dead to the World
  • Dead as a Doornail
  • Definitely Dead
  • All Together Dead
  • From Dead to Worse
  • Dead and Gone
  • Dead in the Family
  • Dead Reckoning
  • Deadlocked
  • Dead Ever After



  • Happy Reading

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Blog Archive

    adoration studios DESIGN