Popular Posts

Monday, August 20, 2012

DIY: Wine Glass & Lamp

You may remember my latest Canton finds....


Redneck Wine Glass
  • E-6000 adhesive, can be found at Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby and probably most hardware stores
  • 1 mason jar
  • candle stick holder
About two weeks ago I completed my redneck wine glass and I wasn't real pleased by the result. The candle stick holder was a tad too long for the size of my jar but it is a good addition to my china hutch.

Globe Lamp
I got this hair brained idea a while back and I even found out that it had been done when I searched it on Pintrest....turning a globe into a lamp.  My office that is travel themed is where I do my homework, pay bills, and do whatever else but the only light is from the center ceiling light that also is a ceiling fan.  The light is great but once it gets dark and I'm bent over my computer and pouring over books I do need more light and so born the idea of a globe lamp.  It goes with my travel them and its AWESOME!  I figured I could take a regular classroom globe that's on a stand, break it apart at the equator and use two lamp kits to form it into 2 functioning lamps that I would hang with chain from a ceiling hook over the desired areas.  Saturday Lincoln and I were in Sulphur Springs and stopped by Lowe's to get my lamp making kits which consists of all the electrical components and the hardware you need for this easy little project.  Monday night after supper I sat down to make my lamps.  I busted the globe at the seam and got going.  After a few choice words and some help from the always handy boyfriend I got the first one done pretty well and the second half was PERFECT. I raced into the office to hang them after robbing light bulbs from other sockets around the house. LOL

TA DA....I love them!
What you need







3 comments:

  1. Have you been watching junk gypsies?? Love that show...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to Dollar Tree. I know there are a few in Tyler. They only sale one kind of candle stick and they are prefect for the redneck wine glasses. I am currently making some redneck wine glasses as Christmas presents and all the tutorials I found used those.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN