Popular Posts

Monday, November 10, 2014

November Meal Planning


I'm still on a roll with my meal planning for each month.  Like I talked about in August I plan my entire upcoming month the last week of the month and make my grocery list.  We only grocery shop once a month so this is the best way to ensure we have everything we need for our month's worth of meals and also anything else we are running low on.



I know some people are like wow how do you shop for the entire month but to me it is way more budget friendly and all around easier for me to go in once a month and knock it out.

Tips for once a month grocery trips:

  • Budget- I have an overall budget right now of $350.  I don't always spend that but it is pretty close and this is pretty much any household item that we need or are low on from the grocery store.  We all know how toilet paper, shampoo, and laundry detergent eat up a budget faster than food items! YIKES!!!  I never go over the budget. 
  • Plan- I always review the past few months of meals in my planner to see what we haven't had in a while or what I've cooked maybe too much of.  I also am always on Pintrest during my lunch hour when I'm not studying pinning new meals and recipe ideas to add some new flavor into our lives. 
  • Know what you are buying for- Mainly my shopping trips are for dinner meals and lunches are usually leftovers, tuna, salad, and other things I always get no matter what.  I make a week's worth of breakfasts on Sunday night and I alternate between muffins and pig in the blankets.  This is our first breakfast on our way to the gym.  It's quick and easy to just grab and go. 

November Meals

Steak, baked potato, corn on the cob
Cream of mushroom soup- homemade from Pintrest
Tacos
Stuffed bell peppers
Hamburger and sweet potato fries
Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, green beans
Spaghetti
Fish, broccoli, rice
chili
Pork chops, scallop potatoes, peas
Potato and corn chowder from Pintrest
Chicken strips, macaroni and cheese, baked beans
Beef stir fry
Cajun chicken pasta
Grilled chicken, broccoli, quinao
Sun dried tomatoes pesto pasta with shrimp
Steaks,potato, corn
Salmon patties, macaroni and cheese, green beans
Creamy shrimp pasta from Pintrest
Thanksgiving dinner X 2

If you want any specific recipes just leave a comment and I'll be sure to document and post about it or just email you info.

Check out my other meal planning and cooking posts HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN