Popular Posts

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Before & After: Master Bath

The master bath has undergone subtle changes that make, to me, a really big difference.  I don't have any pictures of the before before...when we first started dating and Hendrik had just moved in but lets say that there weren't mirror let alone wall décor only a hamper for laundry and towels in the cabinet.  I immediately ran out and bought mirrors for both bathrooms from Lowe's and not too long after I printed the vintage duck prints and framed them for décor. 


Before





After








The slate tile in the bathroom has blue ran through it.  The tile is what spawned the inspiration for the color scheme in the master bath.  I wanted to bring together the blue/ black hues from the tile into the bathroom décor but also wanted to continue the homey feel of the rest of the house. 
Like I said above the mirrors and duck prints were after the initial before but even once I moved in I kept those touches and added onto them. 
I used the metal art work that coincidentally hung in my Winnsboro master bathroom in this one as well. It matched perfectly and fits the space above the toilet perfectly as well. 
I found the butterfly prints at one of my favorite booths in Canton and I think they compliment the ducks and color scheme as well. 
The metal basket magazine rack is something I recently got at Canton and put together.  The metal basket is just old and rusty and I attached the metal flowers with a burlap twine that blends in to the basket.  I love the final touches it adds to the bathroom. 
 
You might notice the main change is the towel cabinets that are in the before picture but has been replaced by a door in the after picture...well that is my ultimate addition and will be coming up in a post soon!
 
I love our master bath and really now that it is all done the closet, bath, and bedroom is the ultimate master suite. I tell Hendrik constantly I love it so much and it feels so comfy like a hotel room.  I love that it is a perfect escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN