Popular Posts

Saturday, February 2, 2013

What I plan on doing when I don’t have school

I have finally decided on my master’s program and now I’m a step closer to being finished. I made certain with my advisor that if everything goes according to planned I will be able to jump in the Fall and knock this out. I’m going to get a more versatile master’s…the MBA but I’m going to take a few extra classes so I can still sit for the CPA exam. The best of both worlds in my opinion. So now that I know there is a definite end in sight I sometimes wonder what I will do once I don’t have to worry about school on the weekends, homework at night, and all that fun stuff.
 
Will I be bored? 
What will I do to occupy my time?
Will I know how to live without the constant nag of assignments and textbooks to read? LOL
 
I have been going to some sort of school since I’ve been 3 except maybe for a few months here and there. By looking at my friends that have gone to school and are now finished I don’t think they have any problems living a regular life and enjoying every bit of it.
 
It’s sort of surreal to think of all the things that are out there for me to do when I have all the time in the world after work to do them like…
1. More adventurous and fun activities like hiking, kayaking, camping, and day trips
 
2. Learn how to use the sewing machine I got for Christmas a couple years back. I have made curtains on it and fixed a couple pieces of clothing for Lincoln but other than that I’m clueless. It would be awesome to be able to use a pattern and whip out all sort of neat things. This online sewing class is inexpensive and self paced. I would love to use it.
 
3. Learn more about canning and putting away items from my garden. I reap so many benefits from my garden but just don’t know how to utilize it all so a lot goes to waste. I hate that! I fell like I’m throwing money in the trash can. I know that kind of stuff is a big undertaking and is time consuming also so after I'm done with school would be a great time to tackle this sort of project.
 
4. Host more get-togethers with friends and family…backyard BBQs, little girly TV parties, dinner parties, and family dinners are all a must. I love to cook for people and I would definitely have the time to plan.
 
5. And my major after school undertaking is going to be a project like revamping a retro camper.  I really really really want to do this and I know we would use it all the time.  I think it would be so awesome and such a great way to make awesome memories and get a lot of DIY skills under my belt.
 
 
 
These are just a few things that I will for sure want to do but I'm positive there's going to be plenty of time THE REST OF MY LIFE to do all sorts of awesome things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN