Popular Posts

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Saturday with Averie

Last Friday night Averie conned her way into spending the night with MAGAN (which is the way she says my name).  Of course I can't say no to her, so we gathered her things and headed home.  We watched movies and ended up falling asleep but Saturday morning after she slept in until almost 9 we got ready to start our day.  She was really concerned about collecting eggs from the chickens so after I braided her hair and we tried doing a puzzle we headed out to the coop and to feed the dogs.  She loved seeing the chickens and thought it was the coolest thing that they had eggs. 

After the feeding was done we loaded up and headed to the donut shop.  She wanted a chocolate donut but they were pretty much out of everything so instead she go a HUGE chocolate twist and some chocolate milk.
After breakfast I had big plans to go to Sayadream and have Averie pick out something to paint for Shanna for Mother's Day.  When I went to turn down the street that the shop is on it was barricaded off!  Apparently the Winnsboro Spring Festival was in full swing last weekend and I didn' even know so not only were we going to get to paint but look around and do another fun activity.

I finally found a parking spot and the first booth we came up on was a little petting zoo.  Of course Ave went crazy wanting to go in so I paid the 5 bucks and off she went.  They had mostly farm animals but either way she loved it and I had to beg her to finally come out after a while in with the animals.  She especially liked chickens.  I don't know why she likes them so much but I guess she's like her aunt in that fact.
The goats were the funniest.  All they wanted was the food and they even knocked her little cup out of her hands because they were so aggressive.


They were also the friendliest

These little llama/alpaca things (not sure which) were pretty cute as well.
BUT for the grand finale of the petting zoo.................. the CHICKENS!!!!
This would be a frizzled chicken and I want one.  I have already told Lincoln and all my family that for either b-day or Christmas I want one of these.  They are so pretty and even though you can't tell in the picture their feathers are so silky and shiny.  I think she would make a perfect with all my other hens! :)
Once I coaxed Averie out of the petting zoo we hopped across the street to the art studio.  I figured that what we created that day wouldn't be ready until later on and I was right but that's ok because Averie had a great time creating her surprise for her Mom.  I picked up the finished product Thursday after work but didn't get any pictures of it.  It looked pretty much the same except the colors were more defined and it was shiny.  I recommend this little activity to anyone.  First off it was a whopping 8 dollars for this little project, it will last a lifetime, it's something you create yourself, and it's not just for kids.  The Sayadream studio even has ladies night which I would really like to do with a few of my gals.
Averie picked a heart to design.  She stenciled on couple flowers and a butterfly.

Hard at work.  It took a lot to get her to use other colors.  She wanted to do the whole heart in pink....designs and all.


Averie's art work

I helped do the other side.
We had a great day and I think Averie really enjoyed herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN