Popular Posts

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Fresh Picks

Monday I picked my very first vegetables. 
2 banana peppers

Wednesday I picked a few more things.  I wasn't sure when to pick what so I picked what I thought looked good just so I could test things out.
I fried the squash and zucchini that night.  It turned out great.
Thursday at work I did a little research on when is the best time to pick certain crops....the ones I am growing of course and THIS website was the most helpful.  I learned that my Wednesday reaping was a little overdue so Thursday I put my knowledge to work and got bags full of vegetables. 
My bounty (left going clockwise): zucchini, squash, cucumber, okra, some variation of banana pepper, and regular banana peppers
The only things that are missing out of what I planted are watermelon, which they still have a while, tomatoes, jalapenos, and bell peppers.  I am so happy with the way my garden is coming along and I feel like I'm going to be canning and trying out a lot of new recipes to help me use all these crops so they don' waste.  Out of the above picture I took about half of that to my Mom Thursday night.  I also plan on taking a few things to my neighbor today or tomorrow to thank them for lending me tools and things when I need them.

While I was out weeding and inspecting the other night I took some pictures of my garden plus of the animals.  My little hobby farm is coming right along and doing wonderful.  If only I could add my frizzle chicken and I'm dying to get a little pot bellied pig but that is going to have to take a lot of talking into....Lincoln says NO! :(
growing squash

Jalapenos

Okra

tomatoes
baby bell pepper

zucchini

banana pepper

My mature garden

Tyson and Hercules


1 comment:

  1. The yellow squash was soo good!! Can't wait for some of those tomatoes!! Yum Yum! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN