Popular Posts

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Martha for a Weekend

This weekend I did EXACTLY what I intended on doing....NOTHING and if I did do anything it was only the things that I wanted to do.  Mainly I was a little homemaker.....

Saturday:
  • Made the best cupcakes ever and got all Martha on them by decorating them fancy and even using my little cupcake tower.  I adapted the recipe from www.allrecipes.com



Best Chocolate Cake
Ingredients
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 cups water
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
In a large bowl, mix together flour, 2 cups sugar, cocoa, 1 teaspoon salt and baking soda. Stir in oil, water, vinegar and vanilla until blended. Pour mixture into prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
Creamy Chocolate Frosting
Ingredients
2 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
6 tablespoons butter
5 tablespoons evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a medium bowl, sift together the confectioners' sugar and cocoa, and set aside.

In a large bowl, cream butter until smooth, then gradually beat in sugar mixture alternately with evaporated milk. Blend in vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. If necessary, adjust consistency with more milk or sugar.
***********************************************************************************
  • Fixed Lincoln's coveralls for work.  Both the pockets had torn away from the butt so I had to sew them back and that was really hard.  I only had a little whole to work with since I didn't want to but the seam on the pant leg!  I was cussing them and him by the end of it. LOL  While I had the sewing machine out I went ahead and made my kitchen curtain that matches the dining room curtains I did back last year.
  • I did a little gardening and gathered ANOTHER bag of goodies and also let the chickens have a little holiday by letting them out of the coop ALL day long.
  • I also accomplished a bit of laying out and reading my new Sookie Stackhouse novel, Deadlocked.
  • Saturday night was low key. Lincoln made breakfast for supper and it really hit the spot.
  • In my post on Thursday I mentioned needing a HP fix and unknown to me my TV had been showing HP all day on ABC Family.  I only discovered this when it was almost too late but I set to record all of them and watch them today.
Sunday:
  • watched a ton of Harry Potter
  • finished Deadlocked
  • started James Patterson's 11th Hour

  • didn't get up off the couch

I had a great weekend doing NOTHING and it was much needed.  Now I just need to prepare mentally for me week ahead.  I hope everyone has a great Monday.

1 comment:

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN