Popular Posts

Monday, July 9, 2012

Clean"er" Living

I've been thinking a lot about living a cleaner life...more like cleaner eating.  Not totally organic and not vegetarian or anything like that but just more HOME GROWN!  Over the past few years I have really become more aware of how much sickness, cancer, and adolescent girls have WAY more mature bodies than they did ssssaaayyy 10 years ago.  I chalk all this up to the copious amounts of additives and hormones that are put in our food to enhance size and promote fast growth. 

To decrease my chances of growing a third tit I have taken a few measures of my own to live a  bit cleaner.

1. I had my first garden (of hopefully many) this year and got a lot of crop that I ended up freezing to be able to eat throughout the year.
2. We bought chickens to give us eggs and also when we want fresh chicken meat.
3. My family butchered a steer this year that was grown by my brother so now we have cleaner beef.
4. Lincoln and I are thinking of investing in our own bovine to raise and continue to eat cleaner beef.

A few things that I want to do in the future to help make small changes in our lives is:
  • get rid of most plastic containers in our home and replace those with glass.  Rachael is a firm believer and doer in this.  She has been saying it for a few years now and I'm wanting to hop on her wagon.  She packs all her leftovers and lunches for the week in glass containers.  She never reheats or stores food in plastics due to the chemicals that gets on the food after long use and reheating in the microwave. 
  • plant a smaller amount of each but more variety of vegetables in the garden like beans, potatoes, peas, and cool weather veggies like broccoli and cauliflower
Saturday morning when I was surfing the net and checking blogs I found this video and article on Yahoo.  It's pretty cute and thought it went well with my post. :) 
http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/our-country/kansas-farm-family-creates-funny-educational-parody-lmfao-203056252.html

2 comments:

  1. I am with you...I know me you and Rae had this same conversation at Pipers wedding. We are doing the best we can to eat cleaner too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness! I laughed SOOO hard at this video. My dad, uncles, cousins and grandpa are rice farmers, so this really hit home for me. I giggled hysterically! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN