Popular Posts

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Being a Grown Up

Sunset from my back door one night
I have been thinking about this post for a while just because it’s something that crosses my mind every once in a while so here it goes.....

Do you ever feel so accomplished and proud to be an adult and not just an adult but a responsible, working part of society who takes care of all their business? Yes, there are hiccups here and there and money doesn’t grow on trees BUT for the most part it crosses your mind like yeah….I got it made. I have these aha moments every now and then and the last time I had one I was driving to work just daydreaming and it just sort hit me like dang I’m an adult and I have a job that pays my bills (for the most part) LOL I have my own home that is nice and clean and I have all these things in my life that are going great (mostly). I’m not in high school anymore and I have the freedom to do what I please, when I please, and where I please to do it. It’s just nice realizing that sometimes because if you are anything like me and my friends I will always picture myself and my closest friends the way we were when we were 18. It’s almost like I’m just a REALLY mature 18 year old. Me and my girlfriends talked about this at brunch a while back. It’s like we all think of ourselves as responsible adults in 18 yr old form. LOL Instead of talking about the upcoming pep rally and football game we are talking about how NaShae and her husband are coming along with the house they are building and our best friend’s wedding and her upcoming home adventure. It’s refreshing and strange all the same. I’m glad I can feel proud of where I am and where I’m going but also happy that we still think of ourselves as young and can grow with each other. I’m not really sure how this post went from a revelation of adulthood to friends growing up but hey just go with it….You get the point.

Do you ever feel or have these AHA MOMENTS?

1 comment:

  1. yes all the time! we are still young! and you should be PROUD of youself..you have accomplished a lot and I'm proud of you!
    love you

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN