Popular Posts

Monday, July 30, 2012

Free Do It Yourselfs

A couple weekends ago I got bored then crafty all from things I got free or had around the house.  Check out my projects!
First up I took some chalkboard paint I had around the house and painted some old wine bottles that I had initially wanted to turn into lamps but have since nixed that idea.  After I painted them I took some waxy twine Lincoln brought home and wrapped it around the neck and around the base of the bottle a bit. 
TA DA!


My next project was a total fluke when we were at Casey & Kaylynn's one night I saw some vintage chairs on the trailer with other junk that I could tell was about to be hauled off. I asked Kaylynn what was up with the chairs and she told me a neighbor had given them to her but she wasn't going to use them. (light bulb) I WANT THEM!  She happily gave me 3 of the 4.  One was broke.  I loaded them up in the back of Lincoln's truck and brought them home.  I used leftover painters tape to tape off some vertical stripes and then Lincoln painted them for me with some tan spray paint we had.  I love the way they turned out and I needed something on our front porch so it worked out great.
Before...as you can see the chairs were in pretty much perfect shape





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN