Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

2018 in Review

Boy did 2018 fly by...Looking back on the year I see how busy I was, how much I have tried to grow internally, and also how I can do better.  So ready or not 2019 is coming at us FAST so let me do a great review of 2018 so we can start out 2019 on the right foot.  First, let's take a look at my goals for 2018 that I compiled at the end of 2017....

2018 Goals: updates in blue
  • Read 15 books-BEST BOOK REVIEW OF 2018 read fully 12 and have 3 in the works hopefully I'll finish a few before the end of the year in a couple weeks
  • Practice self love- make exercise a must not an option, get back on my healthy eating, drinking plenty of water, and take care of my skin and hair- still working on this
  • Get dressed for work in REAL clothes 3 to 4 times a week and only wear Tri County apparel once a week on Friday's- HAHAHAHAHA yeah maybe next year
  • Cut down on watching TV during the week and utilize those hours blogging, reading, or working in my home office- some weeks this happened and some it didn't 
  • Work on my yard and have the best garden of all my gardens- added and did more/ different things and had a good garden but wasn't the best YET
  • Cook new recipes each month- yes I feel like I did accomplish this goal with the help of me enrolling in a subscription service called eMeals.  LOVE IT
  • Take weekend trips either with Hendrik or my girlfriends or both- NOLA, Charleston, Palm Springs, Miami- travelled so much this year and Hendrik and I did knock out a NOLA long weekend trip
  • Go on a mother daughter tour of Italy- YES done 
  • Visit 2 new countries with Hendrik- visited El Salvador so only hit 1 new one this year
  • Use my time at work and be the best boss babe to maximize efficiency and be less stressed- feel like I have worked on this constantly all year and although I have gotten way better I can still continue to work on this
  • Relax and enjoy all those little moments rather than worry and looking past them- really been working on this and the last 5 months or so have done way better at this

As you can see I accomplished some goals, a few I didn't, and others I maybe didn't complete them fully but I did work on them which is better than nothing.  Lets take a fuller look at 2018


January
- I took a trip to Austin for BMT training with my team HERE
- Hendrik and I went with Paul and Lauren to a Kid Rock concert to celebrate Paul's birthday HERE

February
- Had a staycation in Dallas and tried some new restaurants HERE


March- Hendrik and I traveled to El Salvador HERE


April- went on a girl's trip to Waco HERE


May- Hosted an epic Mother's Day Brunch that I hope will become tradition HERE





June
- Harvested my first ever crop of carrots and potatoes from my garden
- Went on a once in a lifetime trip with my Mom to Europe HERE


July- Went to Oklahoma with Paul and Lauren for some kayaking

August
- girls trip to Oklahoma to see Backstreet Boys (concert was cancelled) but had awesome time
- spent time refreshing different nooks and crannies in my house and catching up on a ton of work


September
- annual Mexico trip for Hendrik's birthday HERE
- got a new Jeep



October
- took Case to the state fair HERE 
- spent the weekend in Denver for a BMT seminar with my team HERE 


November- spend Veteran's day weekend in New Orleans with Hendrik HERE



December
- hunted down our first real Christmas Tree Griswold style (my first since I was a teenager but OUR first together)
- turned 32
- December is and has been always busy with family plans, wrapping up year end work, and trying to survive through end of year

Over the year we have been so busy with so many activities and travel and work and life but also a trying year in that I'm really trying to learn to balance all the things life throws at us.  I'm still not all the way back on my fitness and personal health routine like I want to be but I'm taking one day at a time and that is my focus.  Ready to move forward with growth, positive vibes, and fun plans in 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN