Popular Posts

Friday, August 3, 2018

Mother's Day Brunch

For several years I have wanted to host a brunch type event for the women in my life but it has never panned out.  Either there is other activities going on or just not enough time to plan.  This year I jumped on it early and planned way in advance.  I had plenty of time to let everyone know so they wouldn't make plans and then I set out to make a legendary and hopefully a yearly event.  


invitation I made on picMonkey

I decided to host a Mother's Day brunch at my house and invite my Mom, mother in-law, sister in-law and my best mom friend, Lauren. I loved planning this girly event and it went off without a hitch.  Everyone loved the entire morning and we all really enjoyed ourselves.  I can't wait to do this again.  

Now for ALL the details of the day!
glasses, cute plates, napkins, and table runner all from Ikea
reused my wedding mason jars and picked wildflowers from the side of the road

added a touch of Paris with macaroons from the Sweet Shoppe in Mt. Pleasant. 
champagne for our mimosas 
table before all the yummy food was put out

mimosas and quiche
I used a silicone flower shaped mold to freeze the orange juice into cute little cubes to look fancy and stay cold longer once it was ready to serve! The quiche recipe I used came from my Magnolia Table cookbook. It was so good and everyone raved about it.  My mother in-law has since made it several times.  Get your cookbook HERE


To go along with the quiche which was our breakfast item on the menu I also made a Greek pasta salad for our lunch menu item and a fabulous berry bruschetta for the dessert portion of the menu.  I found both these recipes on Pinterest.  I knew I wanted the menu to be classy, have variety, and also items that we don't have everyday.  I can't rave about the food enough and neither could my guests.  I prepped most all the food the night before except the quiche I made fresh that morning and served while it was still warm.  I will definitely be making these things again.  (Hendrik popped in and even liked all the items so that is a double win)

You can make the Greek pasta salad by finding the recipe HERE and the berry bruschetta HERE!


The full spread before we dug in!
I hosted the brunch outdoors.  It was at 10 am so the heat wasn't too bad yet and had sort of a garden party theme.  Lauren got us all hats to wear while we chatted and the kids played with water balloons and the kiddie pool I had fixed up for them.  


The day was such a great success and I really think that all the moms felt appreciated and special!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN