Popular Posts

Thursday, August 9, 2018

Book Review: Close to Home



I was so surprised when I noticed the fifth installment of Robert Dugoni's Tracy Crosswhite series was on Amazon while I was on my European vacation. I started reading it while I was gone but didn't get far and it took me a a bit longer to finish once I got home.  This book was interesting to me because I just could never figure out ANY of the pieces.  The mystery was there but I had no idea where the author was going with the story but he kept me reading the entire time.  The ending was so sweet and that is a piece I did pick up on early on but it wasn't actually said until the the last few pages.  I'm so excited where the author is going to take these characters in the next book which is on my list and the last book that is actually published from this series.  I hope he keeps them coming!!!


Amazon Synopsis

While investigating the hit-and-run death of a young boy, Seattle homicide detective Tracy Crosswhite makes a startling discovery: the suspect is an active-duty serviceman at a local naval base. After a key piece of case evidence goes missing, he is cleared of charges in a military court. But Tracy knows she can’t turn her back on this kind of injustice.
When she uncovers the driver’s ties to a rash of recent heroin overdoses in the city, she realizes that this isn’t just a case of the military protecting its own. It runs much deeper than that, and the accused wasn’t acting alone. For Tracy, it’s all hitting very close to home.
As Tracy moves closer to uncovering the truth behind this insidious conspiracy, she’s putting herself in harm’s way. And the only people she can rely on to make it out alive might be those she can no longer trust. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

adoration studios DESIGN